Your soul hurts when you feel like your voice isn’t being heard.
I know this all too well from personal experience…
At 11 days old, the doctors told my parents that I had a 20% chance of living due to heart failure and damage caused to the left side of my body.
The wonders of modern surgery managed to save my life, however the multiple stays in the hospital as a small child were far from fun or empowering.
Me: “Doctor, I don’t want the residents to touch me.”
Doctor: “This is how they learn and what we do here.”
😕Living with an “invisible’ illness my whole life, I heard things like this over and over…
➡️Doctor to Nurse:
“See this on the monitor. Someone died of this last week.”
“I have a heart condition. I need rest.”
Teachers, friends, family & colleagues:
“You look fine. Don’t be such a drama queen.”
🙊Speaking up and not being heard silenced me millions of times.
💡Trying to get my voice heard, especially when people couldn’t see the ‘sickness,’ has fueled me to make sure that your voice is no longer silenced.
I know how much it costs, financially, emotionally and in lost relationships when we are not being heard in a way that allows us to be seen and thrive.
➡️It made me committed to:
🎤Having the courage to liberate my voice and self-express no matter what.
🎤Learning the art, science and craft on everything to do with speaking voice, body language, presence, storytelling and messaging.
🎤Performing works that bring joy, heal and/or contribute to positive cultural/societal change.
🎤Training others (for almost 25 years!) on how to speak from their power, get their voices heard, be influential and have an impact with their business/message.
🎤Healing others with my book and one-woman musical show, Liberate Your Voice
💖THIS is why I am so dang ambitious and fierce about my career, my clients and my audiences.
- 25+ years as a performing artist working with Broadway directors, Emmy winners, and more.
- Award-winning TV host of “Cindy Uncorked” – won the Telly Award for Social Issues in 2018, alongside CBS News. And interviewing countless celebrities on the red carpet at the Oscar, Grammy Parties and more.
- Author of “Liberate Your Voice: How to Trust Your Power in a World That Shuts You Down.”
- 25 years of experience in the areas of presentation skills, speaking voice, body language, marketing messaging, storytelling, content delivery, and leadership presence.
- 20+ years of keynote speaking, leading presentation training and developing strategy for companies such as MetLife, Royal LePage, and the University of Toronto.
- Honors BA in Music and Kinesiology (specialization in relaxation therapy), York University, Toronto, Canada
- Studied with Second City, Royal Conservatory of Music, Randolph Academy for the Performing Arts, and Livent of Canada.
- Former educational consultant for the Royal Conservatory of Music.
- Awards from President Obama and Queen Elizabeth II for my volunteer work.
- Appeared in multiple media, including ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, Inc. Magazine, and Forbes.